Windermere Guided Solo Open Water Swim
Guided Solo Swims
Swim the length of Windermere 10.5 miles
10.5 miles one way / 21 miles two way
We've guided well over 100 people to successful one-way and two-way length of lake swims. Windermere is an amazing challenge and the sense of achievement at having completed the full length of lake from Fellfoot to Waterhead is something to savor.
Chillswim is proud to be based in the Lake District and your pilot is also from the Lakes. We operate 1:1 guided swims, although we do also take up to three swimmers or a 3 person relay swim.
It's totally up to you if you wear a wetsuit or not, this is about you enjoying the swim and completing the full length.
What else do you need to know?Once you sign onto the swim we will send you a full briefing document about the challenge. Also you can chat with Colin (when he's in the country) in advance of your swim and your pilot will call you a few days in advance to talk about the weather and meeting times etc.
Prices for private swims with us are:
- Solo Windermere Swim (one person, one way) £590
- Solo Windermere Swim (one person, two way) £800
- Two people Windermere Swim (one way, swimming together or relay) £700
- Two people Windermere Swim (two way, swimming together or relay) £900
- Three people Windermere Swim (one way, swimming together or relay) £800
- Three people Windermere Swim (two way, swimming together or relay) £1000
Support personEach swimmer needs a support person on the boat - you can have up to 3 people supporting you on solo swims (make sure they have proper waterproofs, not city-slicker splash resistant gear ;-) If you need a support person provided, we can arrange someone for £80 one-way and £160 two way (just let us know well in advance to arrange).
Windermere end to end Role of Honour
Here are the full results for the Windermere end to end swims to date